"And I tell you, if you have the desire for knowledge and the power to give it physcial expression, go out and explore... Some will tell you that you are mad, and nearly all will say, 'What is the use?' For we are a nation of shopkeepers, and no shopkeeper will look at research which does not promise him a financial return within a year. And so you will sledge nearly alone, but those with whom you sledge will not be shopkeepers: that is worth a great deal. If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

-Apsley Cherry-Garrard, from
The Worst Journey in the World



Monday 30 August 2010

Just sat in my classroom just now and should be sorting out me lesson plans for tommore BUT honestly this room is staggering; in the cupboard to my right I've got 2 DVD players, a hardcore music system which I just tested resulting in Aqua's 'Cartoon Heroes' pounding all four walls and a separate programme opened up on the PC so I couldn't stop it for a good 30secs and I guarantee it went through at least all the classrooms next door and underneath :S. So I have a projector, a touch board, two sliding white boards, a printer, a kettle, some juggling balls, a cabinet full of Sesame Street videos, blinds with educational stuff on em, velcroe display boards, all the props I'll ever need, board games for England (inclusive of the spongebob square pants) and enough colour occuring in the classroom it would cause a fit if an epileptic person were to move too quickly.

My Mentor teacher came in earlier and said it was lunch and all the teachers went to a restaurant next door... there was one dish made up of pig ear and tounge; I quite literally drowned it in soy sauce and sesame seeds before I ate it. Seriously chewy.

I tired riding my bike to school yesterday but became lost and so tried again this morn and it took one hour. I think I'm gonna have to invent a flying device on it soon :S.

Gonna go as I'm meant to have a lesson together in the next 40mins... Actually gonna be teaching a class of kids this time tommore :S

No comments:

Post a Comment