"And I tell you, if you have the desire for knowledge and the power to give it physcial expression, go out and explore... Some will tell you that you are mad, and nearly all will say, 'What is the use?' For we are a nation of shopkeepers, and no shopkeeper will look at research which does not promise him a financial return within a year. And so you will sledge nearly alone, but those with whom you sledge will not be shopkeepers: that is worth a great deal. If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

-Apsley Cherry-Garrard, from
The Worst Journey in the World



Tuesday 3 August 2010

Found out at about 12ish yesterday that my flight is 9pm tonight and BOY I'm getting quite nervous. Not too sure what to do to fill the time; although on the positive side mash, sausages and beans is on the menu for lunch... GET IN :D! I think I'm between 3-4kg over weight on my luggage but hopefully a fat man will stand infront of me in the queue and the person on the desk will think 'this skinny ginger man is 30kg lighter than that man so I shall smile at his 4kg overweight'.
It's seriously lookin like British people will be a rareity compared to the American and I'm sure Welsh people will be even slimmer in proportion... should come back from Korea with an American accent :D BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Considerin I'm not in Korea just yet I don't think there is much else to put down for ya other than I've been chasin chickens, watchin a bit of GMTV and becommin quite apprehensive YET seriously excited. I'm going to lose 8hrs of my life in the sky somewhere on the way there :S.
AND I got a fair trim haircut from a barber yesterday for the first time in 9-10years.

I guess the next time I write in this it will be from Korea.... oh boy

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment