"And I tell you, if you have the desire for knowledge and the power to give it physcial expression, go out and explore... Some will tell you that you are mad, and nearly all will say, 'What is the use?' For we are a nation of shopkeepers, and no shopkeeper will look at research which does not promise him a financial return within a year. And so you will sledge nearly alone, but those with whom you sledge will not be shopkeepers: that is worth a great deal. If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

-Apsley Cherry-Garrard, from
The Worst Journey in the World



Monday 15 November 2010

Just a quick one as am shorlty to leave school;

Yesterday the old ladies at the bus stop had the best entertainment out of me so far.

I gave a stray dog a bit of attention and consequently it did not leave me alone. It just wanted to play but it kept humping my leg and I literally could not get rid of it. The old ladies were risking wetting themselves by laughing so much THEN they motioned to me to punch the dog to get rid of it.

For 10minutes I waited for the bus and for 10minutes I dodged this dog humping my leg. It was embarressing.

THEN this morning it was there again. I walked the long way around to the bus stop so it didn't see me, but it did and came straight at me like an arrow to an apple.

I ignored it and stayed motionless------The old ladies were looking at me------The dog came right up to my leg----- The old women anticipated the best moment of thier morning---- I continued to ignore the dog------AND THEN----- it chased a car.

HA!!! In your faces old women!! They were gutted!! Best morning this week :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment